My Ponder List

  • "Now is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end.But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning." Winston Churchill

Monday, August 11, 2008

Early August Action

My assumption was that in this modern world I would have a wireless connection in our motel room to both keep up and write down the surround sounds of half way through the summer activities. Not to be. Forced bowls withdrawal. Sandy was happy but I had to sit in front of a sunny window with my back to her for confirmed recognition.
I made the same mistake last year when we went to PEI to see the Canadian Juniors/U25's compete. Booked at the University of PEI, student residence, would there be any doubt.
I did my laptop communication in the parking lot outside a sports bar with a coat over my head so I could see the screen. Anywhere else than around the laid back, trusting Islanders, I might as well have sent a personal invitation to the S.W.A.T unit to contain and confiscate.

We are here, now, and there, in a couple of hours. Off to Burlington to try and convince our grand kids to play with us and allow Bobo and Sani Gamma to buy things for them. Out of the mouths of babes as they say and the names have stuck. When real young they had trouble with
SaniG so they used SSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Try shouting SSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Coming soon will be reflections on Winnipeg, some Ladies 3 day results, the success of Canada at the NAC, a Hallmark movie story, a confession, a real hero and in present time a Bob Bates special report from the Mixed Pairs.
Bob writes as deftly as he bowls.
I will drop in on the Seniors at one of the prime bowling clubs in Canada. Burlington has hardly had time to catch their breath from hosting the USA and Canadian National teams and now a
Provincial championship following close behind.
I offer words, as an Ontario bowler, to express my gratitude for the effort, excellence and membership sacrifice provided by this energetic group. They stand as a model club in our midst.

" Count your blessings by smiles, not tears.
Count your age by friends, not years."

Sitting on my desk so I will see every time I reveal a little about me.
A gift from my friend Rita Wright a patriotic American who has embraced Canada. Her heart is as big as the two countries to-gether.

No comments: