My Ponder List

  • "Now is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end.But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning." Winston Churchill

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The CHALLENGE HOMESTRETCH

The last of the big 3 events is on the board and it is near time to determine who combines compassion with savvy in the world of bowl's predictions.
First - we will RANK the SINGLES event. Already the punters have started picking and choosing as if there were certainty in this process. We all know different but , if like me, nod with satisfaction when our pick is successful and take even greater delight when the dark horse trots by the field.

Second - it is time to make your move to seal the CHALLENGE. Study carefully the players and the odds. Wager wisely. There will be no 'bob' carry over until next season. This is it. The last standing event of the Big Three.
To date we have raised FOUR HUNDRED AND THIRTY FIVE DOLLARS to donate to the CANCER SOCIETY - half to Breast Cancer and the other half to Prostate research.
Those donations came from the players in the wagering fun challenge when they exchanged a $10.00 donation for 10,000 'bob'. Others simply donated a sum to the worthy cause. One hundred per cent of the donations will be directed to the chosen charity for 2009.
You can still get involved if you choose by wagering on the final Singles event or by simply making a minimum $10.00 donation. Current players can top up their account with a minimum donation of $5.00 for 5,000 'bob'.
The first Singles rankings went out on July 15th and close on Tuesday July 21st. You can submit your 'wagers' any time before the start of the competition.

Off to WOBA on Saturday and then to a cottage at Grand Bend the week after. I will be accompanied by the lap top and hope there is a wireless connection close to our residence.
When I was in Prince Edward Island I had to sit outside a bar in the parking lot to get online.
When I used the computer during the day , to be able to see the screen, I would put my jacket over my head sitting in my truck. It is a wonder that the police didn't offer a different location in response to my clandestine method.
I will be scrambling to stay up to you but if I lag behind I will be along soon. Just have to be sure to have some bail money in my pocket.



No comments: