My Ponder List

  • "Now is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end.But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning." Winston Churchill

Friday, July 25, 2008

Provincial Draw Completion

What if
the draw was completed on Friday night.

It is better administratively. [ Paperwork completed the night before.]
It is more efficient for organizing the preliminary activities on the morning of Day One.
It is spectator friendly. [ Creating interest sustains the game ]
[X]Play can start on time on day one. [ A morning delay of a late draw team arriving only affects one rink ].

Teams ( one team member ) can make their own draw if present between the reception hours.
If the team hasn't checked in or chooses not to report until the morning, the OLBA convener or rep will make a public drawing at the conclusion of the registration/reception.

Am I missing something?
[X] Scratch that one. Only would be true if all teams would have to wait to draw at same time.

I have attended many meetings in my lifetime and have discovered that I often have my clearest thoughts on the way home. That, of course, includes mulling over counter opinions to what I had suggested. So if you have an opinion, wade in. I don't have sole ownership to the right answers.
A blog is defined as a personal diary. My rules. You have to run it by the communication commissioner before publication.No personal attacks. Keep the language appropriate for all people. Constructive correcting, suggesting is positive. Change is good if it benefits the cause.
There are a group of wonderful people walking up and down the greens of North America.
Wise, considerate, thoughtful, creative are your descriptives. Most of you don't speak out although you have something to say. I am presumptuous enough to believe I have information to offer that others may want to hear. But you can dismiss or delete and I don't know but I keep merrily typing away. That makes us both happy. That is good.


BobB

No comments: